An unplanned pregnancy can leave both of you feeling overwhelmed and scared.There are a lot of decisions to make. Our culture tells us that “it’s her choice”, but any decision about the baby affects all of you. It is important to consider all the options.
What To Do
- Keep the lines of communication open. Talk with her AND listen to her. More than anything, just be there for her.
- Educate yourself! Collect information and seek advice from people you trust, all while being honest with her and yourself. Own and share “at all times” how you feel.
What Not To Do
- Don’t run from your responsibilities. The more you try to avoid this situation, the harder things will get for the three of you, both now and in the future.
- Don’t pressure her to do what you want. You both need to work together at all times. You’re a team now!
- Don’t stop communicating with her. Express your feelings and add your input whenever it’s needed.
Our staff can meet with you and your partner, in a confidential and safe environment to discuss all the options, answer any questions or concerns you may have, and connect you to resources within the community. You may have more options than you think!
We invite you to accompany your partner when she comes for her appointment.